Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Introducing: In The Pink!


pink ribbon, originally uploaded by emily loke.

I can hear the groans – not another food event to keep track of! – but bear with me. This one really is different: it’s for a good cause!

I’m so proud to announce the birth of In The Pink, an online food blogging event that I’m hoping will raise breast cancer awareness. The premise is simple: make anything you would like (as long as it’s pink, of course!) and blog about it. It’s not mandatory, but you are all definitely encouraged to post a picture of yourself showing your support in something pink, and to dedicate your pretty pink creation to someone if you wish. The most important thing is to have fun though, and to know you’re doing something worthwhile at the same time!

Send me links to your post anywhere between the 7th and the 9th of October via email at emily_loke@hotmail.com (be sure to reference In The Pink in the title of your email). If you have questions, feel free to email me or leave a comment at the end of this post.

Good luck with your cooking - I can’t wait to see the beautiful delicacies you guys will pink up!

xoxo,
Emily


Update: There is now an In The Pink FAQ post for those of you wanting more specific information.